Indian Chemistry Olympiad programme is conducted in various stages, Orientation cum Selection Camps is one such stage where experimental examinations are conducted for the students.Developing such experiments for the students has been an enriching experience for us at HBCSE.
The experiments designed and developed have been scaled down and modified procedurally so that they can be performed safely by novices in the subjects. Each experiment is associated with questions related to the experimental procedure that forces students to comprehend the experimental procedure. Thus, these experiments help students to understand and appreciate the principles of chemistry.
- Synthesis of dibenzalacetone
- Synthesis of an Azo Dye: Sudan 1
- Estimation of Cu and Ni present in a copper coin using titration technique
- Estimation of metal cations present in an antacid using complexometric titration
- Synthesis and Analysis of an Inorganic Complex
- Synthesis of Copper Tetramine Sulphate Hydrate
The experiments will also help students to learn some useful techniques which are very important for a chemistry laboratory.
The safety of the students is one of the most important aspects that is kept in mind while developing and standardizing these experiments. Often the technical demands of these experiments and the chemical consumption while performing these experiments is low and thus, the chances of accidents in the laboratory are minimized.